We’re excited to announce that the Delores Barr Weaver Fund has approved a one-to-one matching grant for up to $100,000 to provide operating funds to the Betty Griffin Center.
The fund will match up to $100,000 given by new donors, current donors who increase their gift (the amount of the increase will count toward the challenge grant) along with those who have not donated to Betty Griffin Center since March 1, 2015, for all donations made to the challenge grant through Dec. 31, 2018.
Donations received through the matching grant will be used to fund its shelter operations, counseling and educational programming, the rape care unit at Flagler Hospital, child advocates and many other operational needs — which will enable us to continue to help the growing number of victims of sexual and domestic assault in our community.
As St. Johns County continues to grow, the demand for services will only increase. Betty Griffin Center has seen an increase in services by approximately 54 percent over the last year, and there has been an increase in costs as well. The shelter and transitional housing continue to be over capacity.
By taking part in the Weaver Challenge Grant, you’ll be providing financial support to keep pace with the need for programs and services our community — in part of our effort to end domestic and sexual violence and save lives.
Please join us in this special fundraising effort — and doubling the impact of your giving by donating to this special grant — by completing this on-line donation form.
If you would prefer to send by mail, please print the annual giving-challenge grant form and send it to us at:
Betty Griffin Center/Weaver Challenge Grant
2450 Old Moultrie Rd., Ste. 202,
St. Augustine, FL 32086
If you have any questions or need more details on the challenge grant, please contact Nicole Pece at (904) 808-8544, ext. 208, or email to NicoleP@bettygriffincenter.org
Your donations will allow us to continue to reach more people in our community who are in need of our services. We cannot thank you enough for everything you have given and continue to give. Thank you so much!
- In-Kind Donations – You can make in-kind donations of clothing, accessories, household items and furniture to our thrift shoppes (Anastasia Square and Julington Square)
- Donate Stock, Bonds, Equities, Real Estate – If you donate these items, you may avoid tax on the appreciated value while receiving a tax deduction.
- Bequests – Designate Betty Griffin Center as a beneficiary in your will, property, trust, IRA, retirement or insurance plan.
- Cash – Simply write a check to ‘Betty Griffin Center’ and mail it to 2450 Old Moultrie Rd., Suite 202, St. Augustine, FL 32086; or charge a one-time or recurring donation through the Donate button.
- Charitable Trust and Deferred Gifts – Establish a trust which benefits Betty Griffin Center and may provide you with income as well as substantial tax savings.
- Donations In Honor or In Memory – Send a donation in honor or in memory of a special friend, occasion, or anniversary. We will be glad to send an acknowledgement for the gift to the person of your choice.
- Matching Gift – Does your employer match charitable donations? If so, ask your employer to match your donation to Betty Griffin Center and double or triple your impact.
Gifts and Legacies
We would be happy to help you coordinate any gifts or legacies you choose to benefit the Betty Griffin Center. Please be aware that we are not tax experts and are not familiar with each individual’s tax situation. Therefore, we advise you to consult your financial, legal, or tax advisor about the specifics of your donation.
The official designation should name the Safety Shelter of St. Johns County, Inc. d/b/a Betty Griffin Center as beneficiary.
Betty Griffin Center is registered with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs: Our registration number is CH2886.
Betty Griffin Center is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, Federal Tax ID #59-3028497.
If you have questions about your gift to Betty Griffin Center, or for more details on the above mentioned gift options, please call the Development Office at (904) 808-8544, ext. 208, or email to NicoleP@bettygriffincenter.org