About Green Dot
Green Dot is a Bystander Intervention Program that recognizes that most people care about the high prevalence of Power-based personal violence but don’t have the tools to know how to be part of the solution. Green Dot invites individuals to reconsider their role in prevention while inspiring people to believe things can be different and their contribution matters.
We want to strengthen and sustain new behaviors that will ultimately lead to reducing or eliminating the amount of people that are affected by Power-based personal violence (dating and domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking). The Strategy involves students, faculty and administrators in promoting a safe campus environment where violence is not tolerated.
How Can I Get Involved?
One way to get involved is by attending a Bystander Training at St. Johns River State College’s St. Augustine Campus. Green Dot hosts Bystander Trainings during the fall, spring and summer semesters. The Green Dot Bystander Trainings help create new proactive norms and to challenge our barriers that keep us from saying something when we see something. This interactive training aims to empower individuals to explore ways to take action while establishing two new cultural norms:
1) Power-based personal violence will not be tolerated and
2) Everyone does their part to maintain a safe campus and community.
*Please see registration form at the bottom of this page. Location and Times to be announced.
Request an overview speech for your class, club/organization, or faculty and staff meeting by emailing Lindsay Thompson at email@example.com.
Representatives with Betty Griffin Center will be introducing the Green Dot Strategy to students at the St. Augustine Campus of the St. Johns River State College (SJR State) through a variety of events through October to coincide with Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
Upcoming activities scheduled on the SJR State St. Augustine Campus include:
- Tabling events held each Tuesday during the Fall Semester at the Viking Center, where students can stop by and to learn more or if they have questions regarding Power-based personal violence)
- Overview speeches planned throughout September for different classes
- A Kickoff for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 1 at the Viking Center, also part of student health day events
- A tabling event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 22 on campus in conjunction with Fall Frolics
- Students can also sign up for Green Dot Bystander Training scheduled for 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 2 by pre-registering now (see sign-up below). Students who take part will receive a training certificate, community service hours, and gift card to a Betty Griffin Center Thrift Shoppe.
What is Your Green Dot?
Click on the map’s Green Dots below to see what is happening in St. Augustine, Florida.
Also, you can tell us about a Green Dot you have done in the form below. This can be a reactive or proactive Green Dot you have done.
We want to acknowledge and celebrate your efforts to making our community safer one Green Dot at a time.
Make sure to provide a general location in the form so we can add your Green Dot to the cities map!
Upcoming Green Dot Trainings
Join us for a fun and interactive day of learning on how we can be proactive and reactive in ending power-based personal violence (a red dot) in our community.
To sign-up, please fill out the form below