St. Augustine, Fla. (March 12, 2018) – Betty Griffin Center (BGC) is accepting submissions from St. Johns County Students for the 2019 A Day Without Violence Art & Poetry Contest through the end of March.
This project is open to all St. Johns County students in kindergarten through 12th grade, whether they attend public school, private school or are home-schooled Last year, there were more than 1,200 entries.
Students from all over St. Johns County can submit original artwork or poetry to focus on this issue and depict their ideas about a day without violence as part of a countywide awareness campaign.
Prizes are awarded for the winners, who are selected by a group of independent artists:
• 1st Place — $100.00
• 2nd Place — $50.00
• 11 honorable mentions will be presented $25.00 each
The deadline for submission is March 31, 2018.
Drop-off locations include:
• Betty Griffin Center Thrift Shoppe locations at 445 SR 13 North, St. Johns, Florida (corner of Race Track Rd. and SR 13) or 1961 A1A South, St. Augustine, Florida
• Bartram Trail Branch Library, 60 Davis Pond Blvd., Fruit Cove, Florida
• Hastings Branch Library, 6195 S. Main St., Hastings, Florida
• Main Library, 1960 N. Ponce de Leon Blvd., St. Augustine, Florida
• Ponte Vedra Beach Branch Library,101 Library Blvd., Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
• Southeast Branch Library, 6670 US 1 South, St. Augustine, Florida
• Anastasia Island Branch Library,124 Sea Grove Main St., St. Augustine Beach, Florida
To be eligible, artwork must be in color and able to be reproduced at 8 x 10 and suitable for framing (horizontal format only). All original 2D media is acceptable. The theme “A Day Without Violence” must be reflected in the art or words. An entry form must accompany each piece of art.
For more information about the contest, visit https://bettygriffincenter.org/day-without-violence-calendar-contest.