Betty Griffin Center is now accepting submissions from St. Johns County Students for the 2022 ‘A Day Without Violence’ Art and Poetry Contest.
The project is open to all St. Johns County students in kindergarten through 12th grade, whether they attend public school, private school or are home-schooled. All entries are due by April 30, 2021. Prizes are awarded for the winners, who are selected by a group of independent artists: 1st Place — $50; 2nd Place — $25; 11 honorable mentions will be presented $10 each.
All 13 winning artists and 12 poets will have their work reproduced in the Betty Griffin Center ‘A Day Without Violence 2022 Calendar.’ The agency prints more than 3,000 calendars for distribution throughout the county.
The winners will receive special recognition during a St. Johns County School Board Meeting, and have their artwork displayed at the St. Johns County Administration Building located at 500 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, FL 32084, throughout the month of October during Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
Student artists and poets can drop off their submissions at the following locations:
- Betty Griffin Center Thrift Shoppe locations at 445 SR 13 North, St. Johns, Florida (corner of Race Track Rd. and SR 13) or 1961 A1A South, St. Augustine, Florida
- Bartram Trail Branch Library, 60 Davis Pond Blvd., Fruit Cove, Florida
- Hastings Branch Library, 6195 S. Main St., Hastings, Florida
- Main Library, 1960 N. Ponce de Leon Blvd., St. Augustine, Florida
- Ponte Vedra Beach Branch Library,101 Library Blvd., Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
- Southeast Branch Library, 6670 US 1 South, St. Augustine, Florida
- Anastasia Island Branch Library,124 Sea Grove Main St., St. Augustine Beach, Florida
To be eligible, artwork must be in color and able to be reproduced at 8 x 10 and suitable for framing (horizontal format only). All original 2D media is acceptable. The theme “A Day Without Violence” must be reflected in the art or words. An entry form must accompany each piece of art, which can be downloaded from the Betty Griffin Center website at https://bettygriffincenter.org/day-without-violence-calendar-contest/
Any businesses or other donors interested in sponsoring the printing of the calendar should contact contest coordinator Kenlie Kubart at 904.808.8544, extension 207, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.